Friday, July 24, 2009

Thrive Learning Institute - How To Become A Wealthy Affiliate Marketer: Stay Focused


I don't know how long you've been in affiliate marketing, but if you're like most people in this business, you have a problem. And that is actually getting things done.

Maybe it's not just this business, maybe that's just how people are in general. But no matter what forum I've been in, I always see the same thing, and that is that most people have a very hard time putting out large quantities of work.

I'm sure you've heard the phrase "If you throw enough stuff at the wall, some of it is going to stick." Well let me tell you people, it's true. And anyone who is a seriously wealthy affiliate marketer will back me up on that claim. But most people's main problem is that they stop throwing too soon.

This has definitely been my biggest problem. I had been in affiliate marketing for close to a year before I really started working on it. During that time I had had some successes, and even some pretty big successes, but I still wasn't accomplishing at the rate I wanted to be accomplishing at.

The first thing I realized I needed to do was to stop learning. Or at least stop trying to learn. I realized that I knew enough to be making money, and that the learning was holding me back. I was spending more time learning than working.

By extension, I realized that I needed to get out of the forums. We go to the forums for the great information there, as well as the community they provide, but I think another reason is that being active in a forum is a great way to avoid working while feeling like you actually are.

Every person that I have known on a forum before they really achieved that success has taken a vacation from the forum in the interim. If you're trying to reach a goal, then reading and responding to posts is only going to hold you back. While I'm somewhat active in several forums, including the Wealthy Affiliate forum, if I ever hit five or so posts in one sitting, I know that I'm gotten sidetracked, and I get myself out of there as fast as I possibly can.

Keep the distractions at bay, and keep pumping out articles, or PPC campaigns, or whatever you've decided to do to make that money keep coming. And that is what's going to make it or break it at the end of the day.

Learn more about Thrive Learning Institute by reading our clients testimonials.

No comments:

Post a Comment